1996 / “These tracks are truly unreleased and as far as I know there’s probably 3 persons in the whole world who have access to HQ (DAT and/or WAV) versions of them. There may be some cassette versions out there floating around though”.
1 – Rhythm Of Life 4:05
2 – Cydonia 3:50
3 – Ocean Of Dreams 4:36
4 – Mirrorworlds 4:27
5 – Voyager 8:48
6 – Planets 5:14
7 – Terraformers 5:22
8 – The Journeyman 4:49
9 – SETI 4:12
10 – Antarctica 4:56
11 – Point Of No Return 6:27
12 – Ocean Of Dreams (Hard Version) 5:15
• “My early project was called ‘Project Journeyman’ and it’s way more geared towards hard – & dream trance than goa. I listened to many genres of dance music in the 90’s and these tracks were produced during all the sessions when I tried to learn how to make my own music”.
• “As I can recall all of these tracks were recorded during 1996 and paved the way for the Dreamweaver project and the “Lord of Illusion” record which I produced in 1997″.
• “The main synthesizer for all the tracks were a Roland JV-1080 with the Vintage and Dance expansions. This synth was the main kit for all my records and I truly dug deep into the synthesis engine of it. The other studio tools used during the Journeyman era were – Novation Basstation key, Novation Drumstation, Alesis Midiverb 4 and Soundcraft Spirit Folio SX mixer. I had an expanded Kurzweil K2000 too but it didn’t find it’s way into these recordings. I later replaced the SX with a larger 24 channel desk and some more synths and samplers”.
• “All tracks were sequenced on an Amiga 4000 040/25 with Music-X 2.0 and a 16 channel midi interface. All the mixing was done on the desk and all tracks were recorded to a Sony DAT on 2 channels. That’s how I made all of my later tracks too, often doing everything in a single or just a few sessions – producing, mixing, recording in a quick pace”.
• Initial info by Fredrik Haglund
• Tracklist/duration/year/trivia by Jim Granlund, contacted by Cosmogenesis